Monday, June 2, 2008

Thrift Store Goodies



I love thrift stores! This past weekend I hit 3 all next door to each other. 1st and 2nd ones left me empty handed. 3rd one was where I found these 2 cute items. The chenille bear with chenille hat and overalls is completely handmade. Cost me $1.50. I was digging thru some old toys in the back of the store and this cute little guy was on the bottom of the pile - literally. Got him home, removed his clothes and tossed everything into the washer... didnt he turn out great?The 2nd find is the cute wooden turtle stool I got for 99 cents. I plan on removing the plastic googley eyes and stripping the paint. Not sure if I will repaint it or just leave it unfinished... depends on the shape of the wood underneath. He also needs his legs tightened up - nothing a screwdriver and a hubby cant fix.

No comments: