Saturday, December 13, 2008

La La Lemon Bars

I have a serious problem with sweets so when I came across this recipe I knew I was in trouble. I made it anyway and so glad I did. Total YUM-O! I would like all of you to join me this Holiday Season in adding a few pounds to your mid-section so to help start you off, here's my recipe to the BEST Lemon Bars ever! Enjoy.

CAUTION: This pan can easily be polished off in one evening while watching your favorite TV show. Don't say I didn't warn you.


CRUST:
Cream together 1 cup butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add ½ tsp salt and 2 cups flour. Mix until you have a nice, firm dough.


Pat into a greased 9 x 13 glass dish. Bake at 350 for about 18 minutes. Meanwhile make the filling.


FILLING:
Mix 4 slightly beaten eggs, 2 cups sugar, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup lemon juice, and grated rind of one lemon (I didn’t have a lemon on hand so I omitted this step and it still turned out fabulous).


Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar, cool and enjoy!

No comments: