Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Valentines Day Quilt

I came across this cute Valentines Day quilt last week and instantly fell in love with it. The colors are vibrant and sweet, the pattern is simple and I have gobs of leftover Valentine scraps from previous projects. With that being said, I rolled up my sleeves and got started.


Here's the link to the full tutorial including pictures.

Here's my stash that I had to work with.



The quilt only took me 4 days from start to finish. I think I could have easily done it in 2 days, but Carmen needs constant companionship. Plus, I'm 8 months pregnant, its not easy getting up and down to cut fabric and press blocks every few minutes. I had to pace myself!
Here's the finished project.



And what quilt would be complete without a matching pillow case!?



Carmen loves her quilt and pillow. Mission accomplished. And now she can enjoy it for a few weeks before Valentine's Day!

No comments: