Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday!






Carmen celebrated her 4th birthday in style this year. A 'Magical Fairy' party. It was held at Wish! Memories and they did a fantastic job of catering to us. They provided all the costumes for 8 little girls, decorations, games,music and photography. The only thing I needed to do was bring a cake. It was AWESOME!





Look at all the cute little fairies! As I stated above, all I had to do was bring the cake. That was the easy part. But I felt like I needed to do something more. So 2 weeks prior to the party I began making these Butterfly wands. They look easy enough, but there's alot of detail in the wands. I hand-stitched each one and even taught myself how to blanket stitch in the process. Oh, and dont forget, I had to make EIGHT of them! By the smiles on their faces, I'd say they were a big hit! And of course each little girl got to take one home with them.




Yes, there are actually 9 wands. One little girl couldn't make the birthday party because she was sick and since she is one of Carmens best friends, I couldn't leave her out of the fun. Her mother was kind enough to still drop off a gift for Carmen at the party and she took a wand home to her.



The Magical Fairy party lasted 2 hours... from 2pm to 4pm. Once we got home and got situated, Carmen had more birthday presents to open from family. It was such a long day!


I won't bore you with pics of every single gift, but did want to share with you the Hungry Little Caterpillar quilt that I made. Its been in production for months. And believe it or not I sewed the binding on the night before her birthday. Talk about close! By the smiles on Carmens face, I would say she loves it!


No comments: