Saturday, February 23, 2013

Porch Rules

Ive seen Porch Rules signs all over the internet and just had to make one for myself.  After all, I spend countless hours on the back porch when the weather is nice.
Get your hands on an old pallet.  This one was given to me by a friend.
I had to disassemble a few boards and reassemble it.  Nothing a hammer, nails and some elbow grease cant fix.
 
Here it is all put back together again.
 
Sanding is optional, but I went ahead and did it.
 
Next I painted the boards with some old paint we had leftover... again... FREE.
 
Next comes the tedious part.  I printed out all the words I wanted but in mirror images.   Then put the printed side down on your board, wet the paper lightly and rub the paper with the back of a sharpie to transfer your printer ink onto the wood. 
You get nice, faint words on your board like this.  Next, I outlined the words with my trusty sharpie.
 
Next, I used a plain black acrylic craft paint and a small paint brush and filled in my words.
Then I had my hubby nail it to the wall on our deck. 
EASY, FUN and FREE!



No comments: