Wednesday, June 17, 2009

BBQ pulled pork samiches

Instead of smoked ribs on the bbq I decided to use the secret rub that Jenny mailed me (thanks woman) on baked ribs. They turned out sooooo good and were super easy and very inexpensive to make.

I purchased a pkg of boneless pork ribs from Walmart - they were even in the sale bin! I popped them in a large ziplock bag along with the dry rub and shook them up (just like shake and bake). Then I put them in my cast iron pot (its new and I love it) and baked them in the oven for about 6 to 7 hrs at 200'. Don't add anything else to the pot - water, broth, etc. The ribs will be plenty juicy from the fat.

Poke them with a fork to make sure they are nice and done. Remove them from the pot and natural juices and shred the meat with 2 forks. This is when you can add your own bbq sauce if you like.

Down here in the south we like to eat our pulled pork samiches with cole slaw on top, not on the side. YUMM - O!















No comments: