Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Season In The Pines Quilt


I purchased this quilt kit that my Mom picked out on her birthday 6 years ago and promised to assemble the quilt top. The gorgeous fabrics are from the "Burst Of Autumn" collection by Holly Taylor for MODA. The quilt pattern is titled "Season In The Pines". No, the quilt didn't take me 6 years to make, but I have been working on it a little here and a little there. I really wanted to finish the quilt this year for her birthday (which was in May) and once again, I missed the deadline. Luckily for me (and her) the quilt is finished! She will receive a late birthday gift next week when she arrives. She has NO idea that its done. For all she knows its still boxed up somewhere in piles and piles of quilt fabrics and unfinished project totes. I had it quilted with a pinecone pantograph (see pics up close). It turned out fabulous! Woohooo!


No comments: