Thursday, June 10, 2010

White Lily

In our city we have what they call "curb alerts." The city not only picks up garbage, recyclables and yard debris, they also allow you to put just about anything on the curb that you dont want anymore. I have seen some pretty interesting stuff such as washers/dryers, old mattresses, used furniture, etc. The night before garbage day is a free-for all for junk collectors. I must admit, Im guilty of picking up a thing or two from someones throw-away heap.






















Take this potted plant I picked up 2 weeks ago. I drove by it on the way to get my much loved morning iced coffee and thought about it the whole way. I hurried back home hoping it was still there and sure enough it was (it was garbage day and wouldnt be there much longer). I pulled up, flipped a u-turn and tossed the dirty pot into the back of the car. The plastic pot has a hole on one side and I had no idea what kind of plant was growing in it but I'm a sucker for plants and pots.

Once I got it home, pulled out the dead parts and gave it a good drink, I set it on the back porch and waited.





















One of the buds finally opened this morning and what a nice surprise to find it to be a white lily! Orange tiger lilies are all over the place down here, they seem to be a Tennessee weed. Pretty isn't it?

No comments: