Friday, January 25, 2013

Rescue of the Pyrex Mixing Bowl Set

I am a Goodwill junkie.  Ask anyone.  Today I scored. Big time.
I saw this set of vintage turquoise Pyrex mixing bowls inside the glass case as I was walking out the door.  I am the queen of passing things up.  Usually when I see something and not buy it, I get home and stew about it.  The same thing happened today. 
As soon as I drove out of the parking lot, regret immediately followed.  I had a few stops to make but I told myself that I would be back.  And I hoped prayed that they would still be there by the time I got back. 
Luck was definitely on my side today! 
I went directly to the first cashier I saw and told her I needed something out of the case.  I was NOT gonna let anyone get these before I did!  All 3 bowls were taped together with clear packing tape so I couldn't even see what kind of shape they were in.  Luckily the rims weren't cracked, so I made the decision to just go with it. 
I was barely inside the front door when I ripped into the tape and laid them out before me.  With the exception of serious stains and a layer of dust, they were in extremely nice condition.  All it took was some nice, hot soapy water and a sponge and these babies were sparkling new again!
I love it when I have good days! 
 


No comments: