Monday, April 29, 2013

garden sign

For this garden sign I used an old broken fence post.  I didn't sand it or prime it in any way.

I used a font called High Tower Text in microsoft word and scaled it to the size of 350.  I then printed the letters out on my printer, cut the extra paper off of them and taped them to the fence post.


Using a medium point ink pen, I simply traced over each letter, pushing fairly hard so to make an indentation of each letter onto the wood.

The letters are very faint so I opted to gently go over each letter with the same ink pen to guide me when it was time to paint.

Heres what it looks like after the 1st and 2nd coat of paint.

All finished.
 I will wait a day or two before I pound it into my garden box.  For now it will grace my hosta bed.
 

No comments: