Sunday, May 25, 2008

Stephen King


I LOVE Stephen King, Im almost obsessed with him. It all started when I was in high school and read my first King book titled "Salems' Lot." Holy crap did that scare the living tar outta me but it made me thirst for more. I am the biggest chicken when it comes to scary movies, wont watch them, but King just does it for me. I own well over half of his collection in hardback and am trying to find some of the older books in hardback as well. Been scouring thrift stores, used book stores and even looking online.
Some of Stephen's stuff is scary, but there are alot of titles out there that people don't realize he wrote. Take for example the movies Stand By Me, Shawshank Redemption, Dolores Claiborne and Secret Window (with Johnny Depp). He even wrote a book called "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" (not very scary, but weird) and then a few years later made a childrens POPUP book out of it - totally cool and someday will be a collectors item (of course I just happen to have a copy of it). There are so many great movies derived from his books, but the book is sooooo much better...it usually is in most cases.

No comments: