Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tendonitis in the wrist

Before my neck surgery I had severe pain in my neck, left shoulder all the way down to my wrist and numbness in my fingers. Immediately after the surgery all the pain was gone and I felt like a new woman. The past week and a half I've been having very sharp pain in my left wrist. Anytime I lifted something or even used the turning signal in my car I would get a shot of pain. I thought maybe I just tweaked it lifting something heavy, but as the pain grew worse I knew something was wrong. I finally called the doctor who performed my neck surgery and told him what was going on. I was hoping the pain wasn't related because if it was, hoooo boy, I was probably going to have to go thru another surgery. He looked at my wrist and felt around and thinks its just tendonitis - which is cause by repetetive lifting and straining. Of course, lifting the baby out of the crib, on and off the floor, in and out of her jumper, diaper changing. He gave me 5 days worth of pills (21 pills to be exact) and wants to see me again this Friday. He is confident that the pills will take care of the inflammation. Keeping my fingers crossed that its nothing more serious such as Carpal Tunnel. I've already taken 2 this morning about an hour ago and its amazing how I already feel a little better. Side effects of the drug: "You will feel wired for the week." Greeeeaaaaaat... just what Andy needs! Hah! Will keep you posted.

No comments: